LYC 0.16% $6.29 lynas rare earths limited

NdPR price, page-902

1. 7,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 502

I have been posting with proof that the price changes of the last year are supply side driven. Clearest proof is how volatility is higher at the beginning of the supply. REE carbonate very volatile, ( up 20% then down over 35%). then Oxides then Metals and the magnets have been rock solid. If you do not understand this go read some economics. Next SMM has been posting multiple articles that this decline may last to end of year. I will only give you the article from yesterday. Look at My past posts for others
    https://news.metal.com/newscontent/101905476/rare-earth-prices-dropped-as-a-whole-with-poor-terminal-demand-in-july

I do agree with all on this board that Demand is rising and will continue to rise. But Demand is only one factor that determines cost. If you continue to focus on just demand you will be in for a big surprise shortly. If you continue to blame external entities like China for manipulation you will also be surprised. China needs Lynas badly. With out a strong second source many would stop using REE PMs. The loss of demand would cause far more damage to China than the little business Lynas takes. Go back two decades and look at how much was spent getting the REE out of motors if you want an example. Also note when AL talks about REE prices she always says how good Demand is. This is true. She never gives any info on what she expects prices to do. Often what is most important is what is not said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.29
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.879B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.37 $6.29 $15.63M 2.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1079 $6.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.31 10515 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.