LYC 0.45% $6.66 lynas rare earths limited

NdPR price, page-1877

1. 477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 342
    There is much talk about China's developing of downstream RE processing and the obstacles it may present to LYC and the RE demands of the West.

These are all very interesting posts and are an important discussion. In China's latest RE move, I think the main goal is to attack their dependency on coal. The pollution in most major Chinese cities is entering a dangerous phase. Beijing is experiencing more and more stay at home days per year, over pollution concerns

To attack this issue, to stabilize the over migration to the major cities, and creating jobs throughout rural China, the Chinese are (based on my reading and analysis), dedicated to leading the world in windmill energy generation. They are the largest and dirtiest coal user by far, and it is said that living and breathing in Beijing is equivalent to smoking half a pack of cigarettes a day. Not to mention that they are among the heaviest smokers of cigarettes to begin with. Just looking at health costs, China will be crippled by the costs associated with cancers, CPOD, emphysema and black lung (all just 10+ years away).

This is actually a good omen for RE and LYC. I understand the fear of furthering the Chinese monopoly of the RE market, but to reduce pollution, tackle high unemployment, help kick start their lacking economy with NON export products manufacturing jobs, China can spend the next 20 years converting over from coal, and will only mitigate about 1/2 the pollution they emit. If even just North and South America were to follow in that similar path, LYC would have a guaranteed amount of customers to buy 100% of their production for the next generation. And that includes the volumes from a LYC USA, and African/Indian RE oxide production facilities.

i know we focus on EV alot, but from LYC own website, wind turbines use 2 metric tonnes of RE, per each 3 MGW wind turbine. The world, China included, will need millions of them.

GLTA on the quarterly results.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5468/5468398-4d0a9ff126410f7a82d1aec99d7f474a.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.66
Change
0.030(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $6.225B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.65 $6.69 $6.60 $20.72M 3.111M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7060 $6.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.67 15123 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.67
  Change
0.030 ( 0.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.64 $6.69 $6.61 979499
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.