NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Putting this all into context is the weekly chart, where there...

1. 1,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    Putting this all into context is the weekly chart, where there is quite a bit of indecision in the charts.

Bullish thesis:
    1. Uptrend line to 58-60 area providing very solid support
    2. Slow stochastic cross to bullish
    3. DMI says buyers in control (however, they are still weak)
    4. Higher lows From March onwards with 4 touch points of uptrend line
    5. Still trending above EMAs; longer-term EMAs (100, 200, 300) facing upwards

Bearish thesis:
    1. Short and long-term downtrend lines in effect
    2. Short-term downtrend line has 4 touch points
    3. MACD has converged with share price, confirming current downtrend
    4. MACD is still bearish

Neutral:
    1. Possible Harami to end the week
    2. Convergence of downtrend and uptrend with no break yet.
    3. Short-term EMAs neutral (30  & 50)
    4. MACD at 0 point

So then, the market is saying that with all information considered, NEA is pretty much at "fair value" in the 60-66 cent range. What can change this?

Firstly, an update from management showing fast(er) US growth would be a huge catalyst (last year they released an ann on 18th October for Q1...). More broadly based, I see growth stocks are back in vogue and trending upwards (see: PPH, BIG, XRO, etc.). NEA could catch a tailwaind here if funds start to pile back in and drive the price north - liquidity is moderate, so wouldn't take too much.

Looking at the bearish side, no news might drive it lower, as would a general market fall or moderate/severe profit taking on the growth stories I mentioned above.

Next week and the week after are very crucial in determining the trend. A very big breakout, either north or south, is coming! If you're a trader you'd be waiting on the sidelines for a clear signal. Momentum and sentiment will definitely drive this one when it eventually blows.

NEA.jpg
    Last edited by Moosie_900: 06/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.