NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Thanks, I didn’t notice anything wrong with that image until I...

1. 299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Thanks, I didn’t notice anything wrong with that image until I really looked at it very closely.

But I’m glad you’ve pointed these software glitches out. From my expirence, I’ve seen many small artifacts like this here and there along with minor inconsistencies in image brightness due to different weather conditions between the moments that various images are being captured then subsequently stitched up.

There are also incidences where the plane doing the actual capture has suffered some momentary air turbulence which then translates into some blurriness in the different image tiles of an area.

I agree that the images are not absolutely perfect (to everyone) all the time, however as a user, the Nearmap ‘HyperVision’ backend software does a good job at enhancing & processing all raw images. Besides, I normally find subsequent captures of the same area will not have the same artifacts present. So I see tangible evidence that Nearmap does continually improve their internal processes as they strife to resolve these bugs (especially if these issues are reported & escalated to their support team). In fact, for anyone that does have Nearmap access, just go back and review the old images that were captured say 5 to 10 years ago and then compare those with todays, you will clearly see the difference !

So as a user, do I really care about these artifacts even if that artifact really did bother me? The answer is, I’ll report it, but I won’t lose any sleep over it knowing that future images will not suffer from the same issues.

Besides, which tech company (private or public listed) in the world haven’t at one stage or another suffered from any software bugs or product set backs? (Anyone want my Samsung Galaxy Note 7?)

In my humble opinion, there are probably a LOT MORE bugs with Microsoft Windows than we do with Nearmap’s HyperVision software.

So as an investor, if we’re really worried about these bugs then perhaps all Microsoft shareholders should switch & become Nearmap shareholders?

Wow.... imagine that !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.