NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

near term target 35.55 to 36.60

1. 13,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730
    bold I suppose given the fall in the POG in AUD terms however this is how I see it,,

Short positions have been very heavy and crowded, some of this need to be unwound and the covering will naturally give a boost to the shares regardless of AUD

Credit markets are still frozen to all but the highest rated, this will delay mining exploration and development giving NCM further status as one of the world leaders, prices of GOLD will rise naturally with diminished supply and production

USD outlook is pretty bleak, market is sending a very strong message to the USA, it doesnt like printing, markets/ companies have fall and bailouts have to stop.

Copper prices have exploded year to date in usd terms over 60PC but still way off thier highs and China is stockpiling commodities instead of US T Bills as it reallocates it foreign reserves

NCM made large discovery last month, replenishing its reserves and 5 year plan seems to be more than just a press release with solid improvements in production in the last few qtrs in areas already flagged..

gold IS at striking distance for $1000 with the USD this morning at 1.43 to the Euro,,,chances are that 1.45 and 1.5 are coming which will push POG over $1000 easy,,,if the market re rates USD back to its level prior to trouble of 1.60....watch out, Gold will surge, fingers crossed for my bet of $1200 spike by Nov 09 :)

Anyway, no doubt there will be a bump or two along the way just like there will probably be a spike above target....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.