NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

More here on ivanplats...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    More here on ivanplats

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/social-environmental-consulting-under-way-2013-08-23

did we sidestep ESIA & EMP with HDs or is this behind us having a mining right?

ah found the very long article that i was refering to...
    http://mg.co.za/article/2013-08-30-00-limpopo-mining-dream-fields-lie-fallow-under-dust

social impact in the media atm

Limpopo mining: Dream fields lie fallow under dust

30 Aug 2013 00:00 Sipho Kings

one part.....
    Proper consultation
    At first they were ignored, but last year they convinced the provincial department of mineral resources to attend a discussion with the community and the mine. During this meeting, the department said it had done its own investigations and concluded that proper consultation had not been carried out.

It issued a section 93 notice, ceasing all Platreef operations until the issues of proper public consultation had been dealt with. Drilling rigs had to be removed in February and the mining committees had to be disbanded. Public consultation would be moved to neutral areas such as schools so people did not feel intimidated, the minutes say.

Jeremy Michaels, spokesperson for Platreef, says they have entered into formal memorandums of understanding with "a host of community organisations" that include the Mokopane committee. "Our host communities are extremely important stakeholders in this project and so we have gone to great lengths to engage the community at large, hosting numerous information meetings at which community members could ask questions and interact with company representatives regarding their concerns."

He says the mine will create about 10 000 jobs over the course of construction and operation, and will bring billions into the local economy.

"We have been engaging all the parties for a long time." Because of the problems of relocating people, the mine will all be underground, he says." cont.

DYOR dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.