need for more special leave, page-18

1. 56,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 260
    16 unscheduled days of leave is simply crazy.

The problem is that many can't cash sick/carers leave out or receive a % thereof when they resign, become redundant or retire so it becomes a problem. No incentive is provided when little sick leave is taken, although it does accumulate.

I resigned from the APS with 14 weeks owing in sick leave - not one cent was paid to me for being healthy.

Rec leave is paid out on leaving the APS.

Some appeared to hoard Rec leave where we were even forced to strongly persuade some employees to go on holiday. I think nowadays some can cash out their Rec Leave once it goes beyond a certain amount of weeks - which some may prefer. Many are using Sick/Carers Leave like Rec Leave.

I remember working out how few hours were worked if you were studying part time (approved study leave), took the two weeks of sick leave (one week with a Med Cert), all Carer's "discretionary" leave was taken and an extra 4 weeks of Purchased Rec Leave was taken, plus the normal 4 weeks of leave. Combine that with "flex days" - maybe once a f/night....the employee was hardly at work. LOL

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.