Thanks again to all those who replied to my call for...

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Thanks again to all those who replied to my call for help.

OK!!

Its still not sorted out.

However, after frustration got the better of me over the weekend, i did try to manually find the culprit.
    Hmmmm!!! That was a bad idea, especially since i had no idea what i was doing.

I ended up deleting a file to my sound.
    Now i don't have sound. Grrr!! Anybody know how to get my sound back? I have Toshiba Satellite Widescreen Laptop.
    Even tried system restore. That didn't work.

What i have realized, this little mongrel had somehow affixed it self to my address bar. Everytime i typed in a search word in Google, it would somehow redirect me to spam sites.

I tried everything to change the homepage. However, each time it kept going back to the original "about:blank" on the address bar. I did end up changing from IE to Firefox.
    It no longer highjacks my browser now which is good.
    Also got rid of the IE icons on the desktop and within the programs section. Google works fine now in Firefox.

Its obviously not fixed. Just swept under the carpet so i don't have to tolerate it anymore.

I still have that pesty "Virus Protect 3.9" sitting on my taskbar. Have not been able to get rid of that either, even though i tried to get rid of it through "Control Panel"
    Add/Remove programs.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to reinstall the sound back to my computer and also get rid of that pest on the Taskbar would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.