CAA 2.69% $9.04 capral limited

All this tax has done in my opinion is move Australia one step...

1. 193 Posts.
    All this tax has done in my opinion is move Australia one step closer to importing completely assembled residential windows.Subsidising an inefficient part of this industry will be at the cost of the efficient and eventually bring both undone.Viridian glass seems to be in the same boat,maybe both companies should look to form alliances with the Chinese instead of constantly trying to fight against the weekness both companies suffer from.

The major advantage Australian producers like capral had over imports was customer service,this service has been sacrificed in an effort to try to compete on price,this has been the wrong decision in my opinion.If you can't justify a price with product or service what hope does a business have.

GJames,this company has been a great Australian success story.Over its time it has grown to not only build windows but produce its own extrusions,produce is own glass and has used this competitive edge to become the success it is, but now that the smaller operators have the upperhand thanks to imports they want to cry fowl, unbelievable!!.

Anyway I hope I'm wrong but I believe they are opening the door to the import of completed products which won't effect smaller operators because it will be the big project home builders targetted first,the very bread and butter these larger Australian companies live off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.