need some property ideas, page-23

1. 17,117 Posts.
    good point raised by prop person afr,....most houses today appear overpriced..........but they are 2-3 times larger than what was the average home size for past 50 years.........4-5 bedrooms, 2-3 bathrooms, 2 stories high etc........I have only lived in old suburbs past 20 years...so my idea of a prop and its worth is based on the OLD standard size for a house or unit..........only seen those big mcmansions on tv or media.........never actually been out there, up close........did see some av jennings display homes early 90's, but they were no where near as big as these new homes............
    lots of different things to consider when talking about prop prices...........
    and something else...........all of family, friends and associates that I know, and people I deal with..........are all prop owners..........some ventured into the stockmarket years after..........but they are conservatives......bought the family home first, most have investment props,,,,,,,,only since self managed superfunds emerged have they dabbled in the stockmarket..........and again its usually the top 200 companies only..........
    am thinking those people who want the price to drop by 30% plus........are not conservative types,,,,,are familiar with playing the ups and downs of the penny dreadfuls on the stockmarket..and are wishing and hoping the realestate market would act more like the stockmarket.........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.