Yes basically you do need to buy today and sell before 4:10:00...

1. 18,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    Yes basically you do need to buy today and sell before 4:10:00 the following business day.

I think its talking about you sell $10,000 of BHP and then you buy $8,000 BHP or SUN or RIO or any other share for that matter (buying/selling the one share doesnt matter, its the amount that Comsec are interested in). You can sell $50,000 over 5 stocks (BHP CBA NAB RIO & SUN) then purchase $45,000 in 15 stocks over 2 business days (15 x XYZ's) and then your paid the difference on the 3rd day.

If you already have 1,000 shares in BHP and you then sell 1,000. You can repurchase them all back (1,000) at a lower price and then you are giving the difference. This isnt classed as naked selling cause you already had 1,000 stock in your possession.

If on the other had you never had 1,000 and you sold 1,000 then yes that's naked selling.

Yes i know what you mean with that link, i had trouble finding it too. I remember reading it some time back, to which now i have saved it for easier reference.

Cheers Mark

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.