ASM 11.1% 56.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

Need to read this, page-34

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    yeah Dan you were frothing at the mouth

I just watched the ABC video and it seems fine
    Mining has been and still is a male dominated industry
    In WA there is an entire FIFO industry unlike other states due to its magnitude
    I've certainly seen in the IT and defence industry that are both male dominated varying degrees of inappropriate remarks.
    It generally comes down to the culture if there is sexism at the top that filters right through permeates like a disease
    Too often sexuat remarks are turned a blind eye

But I can also say I have had a few experiences where some women are taking the absolute piss out of the me too movement and a very small minority are crying victim and using their gender like a women where guys don't know what to do if a woman cries say.

I have seen men's careers destroyed as a result of deliberately false allegations that are not well investigated assuming the woman's version is true and finding out later it wasn't. Damage already done. There is a lot of supportive evidence that more and moreen feel scared to have a woman working in their the or have 1-1 meetings with them for fear of these false allegations being made.

Side note I read a great book titled "an everyone culture" and one company leading the way described in that book actually record every single meeting, be it internal or with clients at the office for a completely transparent workplace. Where any meeting is accessible via a recording from anyone in the company. And this company has very high productivity. Perhaps more companies need to just record every singleeeting and if there is ever any issue of sexism etc you just go back and listen to it.

I think the sexist in mining needs to be rooted out and discarded and I commend Rowena Smith and the others highlighting it exists. I have mentioned before that it clearly does exists. Needs a generation or two before it's sorted imho.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.