I don't think that it is a hard concept to grasp, frankly, but I...

1. 536 Posts.
    I don't think that it is a hard concept to grasp, frankly, but I will spell it out. Younger people in Australia are leaving school and universities and are facing a great deal of competition from people on "student" and working holiday visas when competing for jobs. 457 visas are a relatively new phenomenon also, and economic migration, both legal and illegal is at its highest rate ever.

This may be beneficial to economic growth, it may not be, I am not really making an opinion on that.

What I am saying is that older generations of Australians did not have to contend with this level of competition when looking for jobs at a similar time of life. So for them to be critical of younger people who are facing competitive pressures that they themselves did not shows a lack of understanding.

Personally, I am very glad that I left education when I did, as although it was competitive then, it was nothing like what it is now. I am sure if you were to ask someone in their early 20's if they feel they are competing on a level playing field for employment and housing the answer would be 'no"

Then again, maybe all of them are just idle and stupid

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.