Neg gearing - Gone?, page-219

1. 2,760 Posts.
    'So to recap, young Australians are facing a perfect storm of bad luck -- flat wages growth, a fall in the terms of trade, the end of rapid house-price appreciation, a growing number of older Australians requiring pensions and healthcare spending, and the burden of accumulated deficits.'

Wage growth. would you prefer it to be higher? isn't the complaint that jobs are being moved offshore?
    A fall in the terms of trade. 170 isn't high enough for you?

The end of rapid house price appreciation. You would prefer prices to continue to appreciate at the rate they have over the last 15 years? I though the argument was that housing was too expensive? You cant have it both ways.

A growing number of older Australians. I'm sorry, but I think this was a clumsy attempt at the old ageing population problem fallacy, superannuation and a growing population counter acts this. Don't even bother.

The burden of accumulated deficits. Here is an ACTUAL QUANTITATIVE graph showing net debt to GDP which shows how good a position Australia is to the rest of the world. Australia is outperforming the whole relevant world. What would be good enough for your precious youth? Give me a number.

Source: IMF

Australia Youth has all the opportunities in the world, to argue otherwise is nonsense.

It's too hard. Too hard.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.