"Sorry who's money is it that you think is being taken exactly?...

1. 436 Posts.
    "Sorry who's money is it that you think is being taken exactly? "

everyone that doesn't exploit negative gearing ... usually the poor bastards I was referring to earlier.

1/ government uses a big pool of money to pay for stuff
    2/ the assumption is that everyone pays their fair share ... if you earn little you pay less ... if you earn lots you pay more
    3/ negative gearing allows people to make private gains by reducing their taxable income (their fair contribution)
    4/ people who take advantage of negative gearing, pay less than their fair contribution of tax
    5/ negative gearing is highly selective in terms of access ... only people that currently have wealth can use it to make more wealth
    6/ on the whole, negative gearing is not accessible to poor people ... therefore, they have no access to pay less than their fair share of tax ... therefore, they pay exactly their fair share of tax
    6/ when government pays for stuff, they use more (fractionally) of poor people's tax contribution than wealthy people's (those that use negative gearing) tax contribution
    7/ therefore, the government has paid for stuff by over-taxing (relatively speaking) poor people relative to those that exploit negative gearing.

A couple of years ago I worked the loading bay at Woolies on the weekends for a bit of extra cash ... there was a newspaper article about Nathan Tinkler's tax contribution (something like $7 thou) and in the break room, one of the kids (maybe 17 years old) that worked the cash register full time was wondering why it was such a big deal .... I simply said, "it's a big deal because kids on cash registers are contributing more than this moron with his ferraris and race horses" ... he had never thought about it that way.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.