Neg gearing - Gone?, page-73

1. 945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    So the generation that has multiple credits cars, mobile phones, foxtel, new car leases, , largest binge drinking % of the population, lives on lattes and eats out , xbox, playstation, Nintendo, internet , wide screen led 3d tv's, annual over seas ot interstate holidaysand then refuses to work long hours and wont take on second job want us to feel sorry.

I came from a generation of no credit card, no internet, no foxtel, no mobile phones, no new lease on new car, no xbox, no playstation, no Nintendo, no 3d tv , working a 50 hour 5 day week at one job and then15 hrs a week at a second job.
    I bought my first home when interest rates had hit 17.5%" the recession we had to have"
    my loan repayment just on interest exceeded 27000 a year do you want to know what wages were back then ? hourly rates of $12.30 were common back then, my car was ten years old when I bought it and I held on to it for an additional 14 years, those who sacrificed privileges to enable home ownership did it by forgoing luxury
    Don't preach to one generation the unfairness of the costs of housing for another generation.
    The only difference today is interest rates are a fraction of what they were and the capital required to purchase is a lot higher.
    The primary difference is this new generation wants all the luxuries as well without the sacrifice.
    Please don't preach rubbish.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.