CTP 0.00% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

NEGI announcement Tuesday

1. 5,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1343
    Today's AFR p20 (paywalled) article Quiet Revolution about NT developments.

The juice:

"On Tuesday, the NT government will announce another game-changer – the winning bidder of a $1 billion pipeline from Darwin to the eastern gas markets."

We may hold concerns about Northern route or Southern route - the former has superior benefits for CTP and national development while the latter is cheaper - but reporter Mark Ludlow has unequivocal advice from inside government. NEGI is ON.

Others on this site have speculated whether the pipe construction is already reflected in the share price. I believe, if it is, it is very heavily discounted for NEGI uncertainty, Amadeus reserve uncertainty, Eastern states gas market uncertainty and nil cash flow until Feb 2018 at the earliest. As these recede the SP will advance strongly.

The terms of the CR mean only existing shareholders, the true believers, can particpate. From the ASX announcement:

"The record date to participate in the SPP will be 9 November 2015."

That means you and me. We would be crazy not to take up our full entitlements. RC has good uses for the cash.

I expect the SP to advance strongly this week. We recently saw 30c for a short time. The NEGI commitment should drive it past this marker.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.4¢ $238 4.412K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 560000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 15588 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.