sometimes you just have to put up with thingsi don't recommend...

1. 7,404 Posts.
    sometimes you just have to put up with things
    i don't recommend any of the retalitory things that folks have mentioned here, especially if it creates potential for a tit for tat situation
    don't necessarily be put off by their bruteness,
    you could let one of them (one-to-one is often more productive know how you feel and how it is affecting your family, without any threats; then the responsibily becomes theirs
    also, such people can actually, respond well when spoken to repectfully, rather than rattling of your list of complaints.
    perhaps all you have to do is give a genuine smile once in a while.
    you may be surprised that it might not actually affect your kid as much as you think, children are often way more adaptable than conditioned adults.
    i spent the past two years with to elderlyish neighbours that would get up in the early hours of the morning to go to work,
    the bedrooms are right next to ther garage/drive way and in the mornings there would be an audible assault of cardoor slamming (you could feel the vibrations in the house), it sometime went on for up to half an hour while they mucked about.
    the woman was a smoker and she had the most hideous voice and cough, it would have been enough to wake the dead, and when he would sneeze you could hear it halfway down the street.
    i gradually learned to live with it.
    then they left.

i would be using the noise as an opportunity for self development, it is actually possible to fall asleep with loud music/noise.
    as long as there is an element of monotomy to it, the mind can switch off to it
    this is in contrast to when i once lived next to a section where some jerk parked up barking/howling hunting dogs, it was hard to deal with becuase you could hear that the dogs weren't happy by the way they were barking, it was like being presented with a picture their suffering souls.
    he and the the council did nothing despite several complaints
    so one night, after a year or so, my fuse blew and i let a dog off (in hindsight, probably not a sensible thing to do).
    that was the end of that problem - they never returned (as long as i lived there) after that.

you could also be grateful that the only issue is noise and nothing else?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.