MLS 0.00% 1.9¢ metals australia ltd

neighbours-- not the tv show !

1. 2,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Look at what our neighbours recently announced-- right next door to us.Golly , it would be aweful for us if they found significant uranium readings ... hell we may not have to drill at all !!!
    Check out their Cape Cross tenement info. on their website and you will see what I mean.
    Regards
    Q

News Releases
    2009 July 6

Xemplar Begins Exploration Drilling at Cape Cross Uranium Project in Namibia

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, July 6, 2009 – The Board of Directors of Xemplar Energy Corp. (TSX-Venture: XE, Frankfurt: E7R, Namibia: XEM) (“Xemplar” or the “Company”) is pleased to report that the 2009 Drill Program has commenced on the Cape Cross Uranium Property in Namibia. The exploration program at Cape Cross is running in conjunction with the Company’s extensive drill program at its Warmbad Project.

Simon Tam, CEO, explains, “the 2009 Drill Program at Cape Cross will entail reconnaissance (i.e., exploration) reverse circulation drilling at high priority targets along a wide, 60 kilometre long paleochannel that we identified by the interpretation of an electromagnetic survey carried out for a water resource study. Coupled with historical work that has been conducted, radon analysis and some preliminary drilling that was completed in 2008, we feel that we have identified targets that are of high interest for uranium mineralization.”

Cape Cross Uranium Project – EPL 3569, 3570, 3571

Through its wholly owned Namibian subsidiary, Namura Mineral Resources (Pty) Ltd., the Company holds three Exclusive Prospecting Licenses (EPL) at Cape Cross covering an area of 2,773 km². Cape Cross is located in north-west Namibia near the Atlantic coast, some 20 kilometres inland from Henties Bay and within the country’s Uranium Corridor, where large uranium mines (Rossing, Langer Heinrich) and deposits (Trekkopje, Valencia, Rossing South, Idadome, Marenica, Tubas, Etango) are found.

The exploration target at Cape Cross is a mineralized palaeochannel containing uranium in the form of carnotite (i.e., secondary uranium mineralization associated with calcrete palaeochannels). The mineralization model would best be described as Langer Heinrich-type deposit. Langer Heinrich is a sedimentary uranium deposit located within the Namib-Naukluft Park and where Paladin Resources of Australia commenced production in March 2007. The mineralization model at Cape Cross is also similar to that of Areva’s (Uramin Inc.) Trekkopje Deposit, which is currently being developed into a mine.

Since acquiring the three EPLs for the Cape Cross area, Xemplar has completed a review of the historical exploration work carried out by General Mining and Finance Corporation, Goldfields of South Africa, Falconbridge, Rand Mines and Mynboukorporasie; conducted extensive radon gas surveys, interpreted geophysical surveys and carried out reconnaissance drilling at a limited number of targets.

Mike Magrum, P.Eng., a qualified person under National Instrument 43-101, has approved the technical content of this news release.

On behalf of the Board of Directors,
    Xemplar Energy Corp.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.