Neil Oliver explains western democracy, page-5

1. 24,705 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    phoenixvoice
    Participant

@ DBS

So true…
    I found that to be glaringly obvious as well when the Israeli people were offered up on a platter to Pfizer. It is the same when Israelis are “settled” into illegal settlements, illegal because it is against international law for Israel to be colonizing occupied Palestinian territory. And also similar to how the IDF howls about Hamas using Israeli prisoners as “human shields” and then the IDF slaughters their own prisoners rather than negotiating for or rescuing them.

A lesson to us: if a the world collectively ignores a country committing non-violent or less-violent violations of international law, such as Israel appropriating Palestinian land, settling on it, blockading Gaza, imprisoning Palestinians for mild or made up offenses, then, over time, the violations are likely to grow more bold, and become more violent, as has occurred in Gaza in the past three weeks.

(And then I think about my own country, the US, and how it has violated international law in the decades of my life, growing bolder over time. This is a sorry trajectory.)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.