Neo Nazi get arrested for plan to bomb synagogue, page-28

1. 17,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    Sumboodeh - the international financial machinery! ... and conspiracy theories abound.

I am still not quite certain about the nature of money, even, since - it seems - it no longer has the backing of gold. Never mind the daily inspection and shuffling of gold bars in their locked prisons in America, China, Switzerland - whatever - our means of exchange seems to be based on arbitrary contracts between goods, needs, nations, earnings and spendings etc. and it seems we are all subject to some laws of nature, which are variously called 'economic activity' 'GDP' 'balance of payments' 'interest rates' - created by us, but somehow perpetually running away from us and causing unexpected havoc, sometimes unexpected riches. Throw unfettered population growth (who all need money to survive) into the mix and you can only begin to believe in some form of chaos theory.

I do not believe in conspiracy theories - full stop. I think the bungles, crashes, economic ups and downs are caused by us, but the basic reasons are so complex that no one mind could ever fathom why, nor find a remedy. Some are in control simply because they have managed to get more of a foothold in that quantity known as wealth, but they are not immune either.

A little too much- but I have been thinking about the nature of money for some time now - fitting for someone writing on a stock forum - n'est-ce pas?
    Need to get out to enjoy the sun - go well!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.