LYC 2.36% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

"Rare Earth Falling for 2 years straight" is the reality,...

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    "Rare Earth Falling for 2 years straight" is the reality, multiple daily, highly qualified reports promoting the concept of suddenly rising prices is propaganda IMO.

The positive take is that they now believe that the groundwork has been done for the propaganda to have some chance of success in raising expectations.

Coincidence, a month out? For mine it's simply a cog in the wheel:

"From August 7 to August 9, the Fifth Baotou China Rare Earth Industry Forum will be held in Baotou. According to the agenda, the Baotou Rare Earth Products Exchange has decided to announce the definitive rules and system for its new rare earth spot trading platform at the Baotou Rare Earth Forum. This suggests that China’s rare earth products exchange will ‘formalize’ production after August 2013."

http://investorintel.com/rare-earth-intel/baotou-ree-products-exchange-will-launch-new-spot-trading-platform/#sthash.nhf6qKvy.dpuf

"In my view, there is no doubt whatever about that the Chinese central government want to establish a model of unified mining, unified price, unified purchase and distribution” in the country’s rare earth sectors, thereby controlling the rare earth upstream industry and protecting the rare earth resources."

http://investorintel.com/rare-earth-intel/forecasts-of-chinas-rare-earths-exports-suggest-an-irreversible-downward-trend/

To some degree just wall papering over the real issue raised in "Addressing the rare earths balance issue", and concentrating the propaganda on Nd/Pr simply reinforces that IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.140(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.12 $5.97 $11.52M 1.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12791 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 13019 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.