this is nothing at all like the tech boom. Its completely...

1. 2,473 Posts.
    this is nothing at all like the tech boom. Its completely difference yet still similar.

The differences are that on this occasion, its not spec stocks which are booming, the boomers are the Blue Chippers which are roaring out of control .. mac bank, RIO, BHP .. to name just a few. All very big, very profitable businesses.

so if i comes down, (rather when), i think it'll be a soft landing. most of these companies are being fuelled by overseas demand in growing economies, so whilst there might not be much room left in Aust, the growth does not have to come from here for these guys to grow.

about 4 months ago The Australian had journos saying the market was overheating and heading for a fall .. sure enough, october came and the market went down .. but it has recovered, it always does. those same analyts are now saying there is plenty left in the market, that it should continue to grow this yr .. for reasons mentioned above!

will be an interesting yr. i don't hold any big blue chippers, i've got mine in small stocks in growing industries.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.