NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

net debt load 4 142 000 000 = huge risk, page-73

1. 1,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 861
    Just sold and took my short term profit of around $2800 in 2 days. More entertainment money. Probably will go to $11 or more, but I don't care. The key to making money on NCM is to buy on 4-5% down days, after 15%-30% falls, and sell on any up day.

NCM is very good at coming down to fill gaps left on previous gap ups. Even after 3 months, NCM will remember that gap and eventually gravitate towards going down to fill that gap.

Case in point (image): Gap left on huge 11 July gap up day between $10.13 and $10.25 (as small as it was), meant that NCM was going to eventually come down to $10.13 in this recent 30% fall.

I was not going to touch NCM in the past few weeks until it fell down to that $10.13 area, and it finally arrived there and even better, down to $10.01.

All the points SG makes are correct and real. NCM is not in good shape and is flirting with danger. NCM's only saviour will be an unexpected rise in gold back up to AUD 1400 and higher. If gold rises back up to levels we had at the start of 2013, then there is huge potential in NCM. It is totally possible in the current global financial state and ex global financial state as well (conflict, war etc).

I have a sneeky suspicion that gold price is being manipulated and could easily show a violent surge up once the controllers are left with no choice but to release gold price.

As a result of NCM's gap up today, it has left another gap between $10.20 and $10.46. It is 100% certain that NCM will be back down to $10.20 area and lower at some time (probably inside of 3 months).

Sustained AUD 1300 gold prices or lower will take NCM down under $10 by way of debt pressure as SG frequently points out. A need for capital raising, if it eventuates, will bring NCM down to my suspected $7.30 target area. And yes, there is also a gap down in the $7.30 area left there back in early 2003. Once NCM visits the $7's and this coincides with a real and strong gold price bounce, then all up from there back to, potentially $20.

Yes, SG, good to be back. Been travelling in China and Krabi islands Thailand, with one eye on NCM when I can and the other eye on girls.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.