TRS 0.32% $3.11 the reject shop limited

TRS is not for the faint-hearted at this stage.Every company on...

1. 107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    TRS is not for the faint-hearted at this stage.

Every company on the planet goes through good and bad times, the question is if they can recover or not. I'm taking a punt and saying with Allensford's influence yes - without them, I would've sold my remaining holdings last year.

Rich people get rich for a reason. Attempting a take over of $60M + for one of Australia's most recognisable brands with one of the widest distribution networks in the country is a calculated decision, not a punt.

Large dollar values are hard to visualize, so can always apply a different perspective and work out what else you could do with that $60M to see if it is a good deal or not. $60M will buy you 50 houses in Sydney's West, that's approximately 7 stores per house. I'd hands down buy an "independent" Reject Shop store, franchise style, if they'd sell it to me for $170k (eg what each store is worth at current market cap). If I visit my business broker and look at similarly sized but independently owned discount stores, they're selling for around the $500k mark without the brand or distribution network if they wish to grow, but obviously lower overheads. These are valued similar to when TRS traded around $6 for years.

Declining sales can be reversed, but it takes a lot of time and money to set up a far reaching network like TRS.

If the new board can increase the same store sales our pain will be worth it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.