NEU 1.24% $14.29 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure how our...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure how our current valuation warrants a buyback. If anything, that is counter-intuitive to the fact that we have just gotten great phase 2 results. If our stance is still to look for best value by keeping our options of going alone open (or at least being seemingly happy to going alone if necessary) then I would assume that the best way of doing this would be to begin multiple phase 3 trials and release those other indications in the mean time.

We either have something, or we don't. I understand risk appetite and investment horizons will differ amongst shareholders, but I think this is a no-brainer from NEU's perspective. If no one comes along with a decent offer, just keep moving along.

Like many here, I'm still in NEU for NNZ2591. To date it has not disappointed, but rather confirmed what we thought we had. Though I would like the share price further north and a TO offer Yesterday, I also realize that valuations tend to be undervalued in almost all Australian Biotechs. It's almost a discount because we're not an American company. Nonetheless, I think our valuation of around $2b is still reasonable in my book given that the market tends to value biotechs at peanuts until Phase 3 results. E.g. IMU is valued around $500m, OPT $700m, CUV $700m.

If we consider NNZ2591 to be equivalent to IMU and OPT, $500-700m, that means Daybue valuation is around $1.3b-1.5billion. My comparisons are not perfect but I want to make the point that, Yes: current MC is cheap, but so are the MC of a number of other biotechs.

Anyhow, I have bought parcels too at our prices as I was hoping $14-$17 might prove to be the low. If not, I guess, might to buy some more...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.29
Change
-0.180(1.24%)
Mkt cap ! $1.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.47 $14.53 $14.22 $2.245M 156.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 368 $14.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.30 594 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.52pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.