GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

NEV (Lithium) Bubble

1. 13,371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1235
    China's NEV or new-energy vehicles:

I've seen an article a while back and I put it under the stack of to read materials. Well tonight I looked at it. Dated first week of September 2016 in the Bloomberg Business Week. Here's some numbers and info...
    200 NEV companies plus are entering the fray w/perhaps only 10 permits to be won,
    3-4 Chinese style Elon Musk billionaires, &
    all existing major car makers playing.
    4,000 plus car styles on hand while
    China Association of Auto Manufacturers or CAAM has approved just two (at time of article) with three pending, as
    few have the skills or even the new Tesla & Co. know-how.
    A modern day gold-rush attitude/mentality prevails.
    The government want 3 million cars a year by 2025 as there was only about 350,000-less some sold in 2015
    Car should/must meet at least 17 technological standards with
    battery recycling/reuse being a must.
    Current government subsidies of upwards of 60% may end in 2020.
    Dozen of projects are under construction many without permits/licenses that they must have before production can start and on the article goes.

IMO, and as the article is saying there's trouble on the horizon for most wanna-bees on mainland China and many will get stung. The bright side as I see it is there can't be enough lithium for them all to play around with hence we here at Galaxy may just need to keep a few Primero cowboys around the conveyor belts 24-7 and the coffee pots warm for the skip-loader drivers. All the while Thesi holds Buddha's umbrella over the grounds.

The dark side is Bears are calling this a lithium bubble when in reality it's a Chinese electric vehicles bubble.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.