WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

Never say die

1. 2,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    Is it a new era for Australian refiners and is wsa the leader in battery chemistry?

China is seriously playing a hard ball with its polution following Philippines and Indonesia and I think China refiners will have to wind down their imported RAW materials that should help Australian refiners.

BSL, AWC have been thrilled and it's now wsa turn to shine as long as AUD is stuck below $0.80/usd and Australian wage is not rising as fast as the US.

It's all about costs to turn raw materials into high quality materials as Australian refiners haven't able to compete with China.

Wsa has been suffering long enough albeit it could NOT make profits when nickel price was high in light of Philippine/Indonesia polution problems.

The tide has turn out to be favor for the number one leader in battery chemistry, wsa.

Wsa bioheap leaching method is one of the best breakthrough to turn low grade nickel into highest grades.

It hasn't been well known because of lack of demands for EVs. The process requires a lot of time and It might not work for explorers if they find more HIGHER graded nickel instead of lower grades.

As far as I know wsa is the only one that could find higher nickel grades so the question is when do explores need wsa bioheap method or other heap leaching methods to produce high quality materials for Chinese EVs makers

Alumina, nickel, cobalt, ion phosphate and other metals require chemical, sulfuric acid to turn them into useful materials in the EV batteries. If China ramp up their EVs I think chemical companies will also benefit.

I was bullish when wsa was at $5 but I had to hold a portion because the trend was not my friend. It's still TOO CHEAP at this current level

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.