FMG 0.93% $22.41 fortescue ltd

never seen any thing like it, page-24

1. 2,473 Posts.
    street talk

the gist of my argument is that, the market is over heated and has been heating up for about 18 months. its way overpriced.

when we do have the inevitable correction or indeed a bear market. operations that have currently have no operational profit or only have only operated profitably for a short time will be dealt with severely. That always happens, to every company in that situation in every industry.

The appreciation of the FMG sp has, to put it VERY mildly, been ridiculous. the company is very obviously NOT growing at a rate of $1 on the sp per day.

When sentiment changes on the market - which it will do, FMG will be really punished, NOT due to its forecast profits (which are no doubt very healthy), but due to the over inflated price at which it trades. When that does happen the market will go to the other extreme, so seeing the price head down to $20 would not be out of the question - ESPECIALLY since they have not yet achieved any operational profit yet.

for those holding the stock and making money, that is great and i do sincerely hope the stock continues up (albeit at a more steady rate), but when it does head in the other direction, don't fall in love with it, get out.

the same can be said for many stocks on the market right now - we are far closer to the top than the middle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.41
Change
-0.210(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $68.99B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.36 $22.61 $22.30 $82.59M 3.681M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $22.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.42 11435 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.