OEL 8.33% 1.1¢ otto energy limited

new 3d seismic sc55, page-2

1. 6,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Sharpeye,

Agree, there's a number of interesting things about the new 3D shoot area. The first for me was that it did not take in Marantao, which I was expecting.

Hawkeye would not have been included in this one as a 600 sqkm 3D shoot which took it in was just concluded in Jan. Having said that, it intrigues me that they are reshooting over the B1 prospect/lead again, which you mentioned, albeit have broadened the scope.

Another interesting point is the part of the proposed shoot area lying outside of the SC55 boundary. At first I thought it might've been a wrap around part of SC59, but no, it's not in any SC (will we see BHPP/OEL apply for an addition to SC55 in the future if a farmin goes ahead?).

You may be right about a possible connection between these prospects/leads, and I ask myself, why the specific interest in this particular grid when OEL have been so Marantao focused over the yrs. You'll notice that the proposed grid comes closer to shore than the previous 3D just concluded, although runs further into the deeps as well.
    If you are right about a connection, I agree, it does look very very good (considering the mean OIIP figures) for the prospects/leads in that area...it would be a great field!

There would not have been enough time for BHPP to scrutinise the previous 3D shoot (over Hawkeye etc), as it had only just concluded before the farmin option ann. This leads me to think that BHPP may have possibly seen something on seismic in SC59 next door, although if that were the case you'd expect this new grid to run right up to the SC55/59 boundary. (I'm unsure of the seismic already available for SC59...note BHPP did not go the farmin option route with PNOC-EC in SC59, they just jumped straight in for 75%).

Maybe they saw something on SC55 2D line which they're familiar with...a lot of unanswered questions and speculation.
    One thing's for sure...interesting times ahead!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $52.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $29.07K 2.643M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3624114 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4596047 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.