WOW 0.18% $33.75 woolworths group limited

New 52 week low, page-158

1. 5,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    look pslally- you may have a point about WOW . sure they appear to be on skid row now, but the sp has been adjusted to that anyway.

what most of us do not remember is that WOW was not affected by the GFC.

a lot of pundits, analysts, and even Choice magazine are bleating about Aldi charging less , but they compare that to name brands, assuming that the quality of the crap generic stuff from aldi with a fancy label is of similar quality.
    so why is Choice either so stupid or is it more likely they will gain traction to their own cause by supporting the underdog-aldi.
    basically, Aldi are at 11% market share, and even the expansion into new frontiers will not change this .
    it is not Aldi that is a threat to WOW, but just Coles responding to a threat of price war.
    that said, i think a price war is inevitable for Woolies to get back same store sales, so that will have an effect on WES.

ok- WOW have a lot of potential upside-all you have to do is figure out the bottom sp and buy in big.
    what makes it hard is that a new CEO could be announced tomorrow and if that person is seen to be a "star", then all hell could break loose.
    in punting terms-WES are favorites at skinny odds ,but the long shot WOW are a bet to nothing.
    in other words, you can"t lose.
    go figure- i think i just talked myself into something that makes me look a bit hypocritical.

cheers anyway, crazypunter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.75
Change
-0.060(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $41.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.98 $34.07 $33.65 $43.39M 1.284M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3894 $33.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.76 5380 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.