LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

new age article, page-2

1. 1,920 Posts.
    This is the main Linc snippet from the article...

Linc Energy owns the German Creek coking coal measures and is hoping to prove a resource of 500 million tonnes -- by November. It will then sell the project to the highest bidder, since it is not a part of the company's core alternative energy business. BHP Billiton and Mitsubishi recently paid $2.5 billion for New Hope's New Saraji coal project, which had 690 million tonnes of coking coal resources. The closest operations to Linc's coal project, near Emerald, are BHP and Mitsubishi's Gregory Crinum mine, and Rio Tinto's Kestrel mine.

Linc expects to start producing diesel from a $12 million pilot plant at Chinchilla in southern Queensland in a few weeks before building the larger-scale project, which will produce 20,000 barrels of fuel a day. Linc has brushed aside recent concerns coal-seam gas producers had been granted the rights to the same coal measures it is using for coal-gasification. It has noted that its project has been deemed to be of "state significance" in Queensland and enjoys strong support from the Federal industry minister, Martin Ferguson.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.