IGO 1.60% $5.54 igo limited

New all time high, page-502

1. 1,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    Is he going to visit the plant? I have just checked and saw the news about this. The Chinese are not stupid when they invest in Australian farms and mines. Unlike Australian ones, Chinese industrialists think long-term. They have the majority stake and Tianqi does look like a gem to many. If the politics between China and the US (and Australia) gets ugly, Tianqi will become so much better as it is located outside China. It will be the only large-capacity processing plant outside China ready to supply the US and the West. At that point, IGO might even build a factory making batteries or set up one in Vietnam.

This is still a bit far off but with the recent strategic partnership between Australia and Vietnam (Vietnam only signed strategic partnerships with Russia, China, Australia and the US the order listed here), I guess where the lithium for this proposed EV battery plant will come from. It's all part of the de-risking strategy of the US and Australia regarding the economic relationship with China.

https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/power/vietnams-vinfast-to-set-up-ev-battery-plant-in-india-sources/106518936

I was thinking that the shorts will send IGO under 6. However now that the Chinese premier bothers to visit Tianqi which is way out of Canberra, the situation might change when he is actually there. The IGO share price may get under 6 but is unlikely to stay there for very long.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/chinese-premier-promises-more-pandas-and-urges-australia-to-put-aside-differences/article68296070.ece

At some point, the share price will be so compelling that the instos will buy a lot. There might be some snooping around already and ready to pounce at the sign of capitulation. I am ready for IGO to go under 6 but I would not be surprised if it hits the low and bounces back violently.

Let's watch the market action next week for IGO. Have we reached the point of "enough is enough" for the attack on the IGO share price?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.54
Change
-0.090(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $4.195B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.56 $5.65 $5.48 $25.43M 4.575M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 47031 $5.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.58 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.