GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

new ann , page-43

1. 325 Posts.
    Fluffynymph

Ageements re all sorts of activities on Aboriginal Land can be reached. There's certainly a history of it. There's a history of it on Groote Eylandt too where smallish commercial initiatives have gained land access and local cooperation ((eg Territory Trepang Traders and Groote Construction Company.)

I think that what needs to be kept in mind is that there is no homogeniety in regard to Aboriginal cultures. Although there are certainly some fundamental similarities amongst Ceremonial Aboriginal Cultures- those that still practice initiation and mortuary ceremonies. My experience is that one of these similarities exists in regards to negotiation and consultation, and both take time, with the willingness of the TO's of any particular area to negotiate generally revolving around the patience of those negotiating with them to establish some sort of genuine "connectedness". Full frontal boots and all approaches, which I suggest was GR's approach, in my experience are generally recipes for failure rather than success.

I think it also helps when joint ventures are placed on the table rather than the royalty set up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.