AVH 4.97% $3.06 avita medical inc.

new article, page-8

1. 2,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 669
    hvalfisken wrote;
    "Biggest mistake was not to get quality US investors on board and list on US exchange in 2012/13. That mistake I attribute to board and bad directors who are still there."

But...

AVITA MEDICAL INITIATES TRADING ON US OTCQX
    • Trading under symbol AVMXY
    • Roth Capital Partners serving as Principal American Liaison (PAL)
    • Bank of New York Mellon serving as depositary bank
    • Trading on OTCQX provides a direct market for US investors

NORTHRIDGE, Calif., and CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom, 29 March 2012

You can download the announcement here:http://www.avitamedical.com/index.php?ob=2&id=193

You appear to be vague about the time frame, but that was done.
    It was also widely discussed (and celebrated) here on HC at the time.
    So, I'm not sure why anyone would use that as an excuse on their behalf.

Associated with this listing on the USA was this Press Releases available via the Avitia Medical website leads to this little gem:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/initiating-coverage-avita-medical-130000437.html

Initiating Coverage of Avita Medical

By Zacks Small Cap Research June 17, 2013 9:00 AM

By Jason Napodano, CFA

We are initiating coverage of Avita Medical (AVMXY) with a Buy rating and $4.00 price target (
    download report). We are big fans of the company’s ReCell® Spay-On Skin™ system. ReCell is an autologous cell harvesting, processing and delivery technology that enables surgeons and clinicians to...

Given there are effectively 20 AVH shares in one AVMXY share, the USD$4.00 price target correlates to approx AUD$0.21 per share (allows a nominal 0.94 exchange rate).

Oh dear....
    What happened?

The current SP of 10-11 cents is a long way off 21 cents.

These broker reports, especially Zacks, should be treated with a grain of salt, IMO.

The same report also says:
    "Avita is currently conducting a U.S.based phase 3PMA trial with ReCell in acute burns and scalds, with data expected in 2014."

Data expected in 2014?
    Has there been a sudden (and unannounced) influx of participants?
    Last company announcement I recall is that, we were quite some way to go on this, and given the time frames experienced so far, this claim of trial data expected in 2014 is dubious at best, outright misleading at worst.

As always, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.