TLG 4.65% 41.0¢ talga group ltd

On some level we put a significant amount of trust in research...

1. 400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    On some level we put a significant amount of trust in research done by others. A scientist's paper, an economist looking at macro-economic trends, an investor's market analysis, a mining company and their DFS, etc. Individually we can research as much as we want but 99% of what we find is research from other people, and we have to choose if we trust them.

Currently the mainstream research tells us to expect significant demand spikes for battery-grade graphite and anode products. Companies are spending billions on the bet that this is true, and it's not just TLG either, there's NVX, SYR, EGR, RNU, and half a dozen more in Australia alone. All operating on the belief that the graphite growth industry is genuine. These companies and investors are putting their money where their mouth is, so I trust them to know a thing or two. Therefore I think it's very unlikely for something wipe everyone out before they get started.

One should never completely ignore the latest research, any any disrupting technology with merit should be mentioned and discussion encouraged. But be mindful of taking everything to heat because research and proof-of-concept aren't the same as commercialization. Articles like the one above aren't worth losing sleep over yet.

Closing thoughts, most people don't have have time to research every possible disruptive technology. IMO when I invest in Talga and other graphite stocks, I have some assumption that these companies will be paying even closer attention. If there was a real threat we'd surely hear about it in a very direct way. Nolan I know you've mentioned GMG before as one alternative. Interesting that even though GMG and many other alternatives exist, investment continues in graphite. Clearly these graphite companies must be betting that these alternatives aren't a threat in the short-medium term and/or the expectation is they will simply co-exist. I would consider placing my own bet on GMG if they were on the ASX if it was more accessible. It's interesting that a Brisbane based company chose to be listed on the Canadian stock exchange, why do you think that is? Genuinely curious.

This was a very long-winded response, it started short but I enjoyed having a think about the logic behind why I have this investment. Not just an investment in Talga but an investment in graphite, period.
    Last edited by JSSF: 12/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.