FBR 2.94% 3.5¢ fbr ltd

New Blog post - First blocks placed outdoors, page-27

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 452
    Hi Spade of aces, sorry for the late reply.

It's a bit hard to answer the question regarding expansion joints because there's no specific job design or site class specified.

First of all there are 3 similar joints, that are similar in design but all designed for different movement in a masonry wall, Expansion joints, control joints and articulation joints.

2, you need to give me a site class eg, class A, S, M, H, E, A to P and class, class P being the worst class (problematic).

3, specify a footing type.

4, the type of masonry wall system used, single skin, solid brick, veneer, cavity brick whether it's rendered painted or face.

5, whether the wall height changes by mor than 20% Or the thickness of wall changes, window/opening placement. (in a HX built wall where ever they Chace electrical or plumbing will effect this).

6, and different states have there own variations.

In NSW where i mainly build a common site is class M or H (moderately or highly reactive site) with no openings internal rendered masonry expansion joint spacing is a maximum 5m, but that differs with wall variations and design also.

In regards to the HX building cavity brick, i haven't seen the HX build any cavity brick walls and i doubt very much the working head of the machine will allow it. Of course it can place an elongated block end to end but placing bricks side by side at one level at a time with a say a 30mm cavity is a little different but not saying it won't in the future. And the biggest hurdle would be, cavity walls must be tied together so every second block laid the HX would have to be isolated for the placement of all the ties and everything else that must be placed in a masonry wall. I hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $156.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $438.7K 12.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 4020699 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 577318 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.