XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Morning TrendsettersI have absolutely nothing analytical or...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning Trendsetters

I have absolutely nothing analytical or sensible to say about the market, so I won't bother.

I'll resort to a car story to pull me through.

Honeydew and Moi off to find a new car

Honeydew, after ten years in a Corolla station wagon, decided she'd like a classic car. She was looking at all kinds of ridiculous Noddy mobiles. Cars so old that the steering wheel will skewer you in a crash or if you have a head on with a dog, you lose. I suggested a modern classic car..with air con and airbags. In truth, I preferred her old wagon as I can cart junk in it. Manure for the garden etc. The grandkids also fit in.

I get the call at work.' Can you come with me to look at a car?'

'Is it the Maserati coupe?'

'No, I drove that. It was pretty fierce but the aircon knob came off in my hand and it seemed a bit temperamental.'

She must have sensed the disappointment in my sigh because she jumped in with...

'But the one I like has four more cylinders.'

We barrelled down Albany Hwy to John Hughs prestige Autos and rolled up to the yard. Honeydew waved to a cheerful salesman. 'There's Daryl'. I checked the Camino's doors were locked, helped HD out of the back and we headed on in. I dragged my eyes away from a Lambo as Daryl strode boldly forth to meet his unknown fate. That of a saleman meeting 'The other half'.

Having had many deals hanging on 'Other halve's' approval, I had empathy for him while at the same time watched how this - I would imagine - pretty successful salesman, handled me, the potential screwer upper of his sale for the day.

He handled it well.. put on a humble non threatening goofy act and held out the keys.

'Would you like to take it for a spin'?

While Chantelle was finishing licking the silver flecked paintwork and fingering the twin turbo intake grills, I counted the cylinders. Yep, all 12 are there.

We turned into the corner for the freeway on ramp. A nice cambered acceleration patform to launch into warp space.

'Floor it..but WAIT to you've straightened out.'

HD, who has her speed licence to kill, didn't, and we smoked sideways and slingshotted up the on ramp, top down and tunnel visioned because my eyeballs had flattened to the front of my brain.

Yep, it's worth that little bit less super for a V12 roadster.

Go getum Trendies

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.