VBA 0.00% 35.5¢ virgin blue holdings limited

new ceo takes action

1. 134 Posts.
    http://www.theage.com.au/business/virgin-blue-may-cut-routes-and-brands-20100602-wzrm.html

This is what I like to see... the new CEO getting stuck into it and getting ready to make some big changes that will hopefully be for the better. I think it's definitely good to see some bold moves after such a disappointing downgrade. In the article above I was particularly pleased to hear that they may try to use the full Virgin name across all of their flights including international ie. Virgin Australia. This would surely be much more effective than 'V'. They have to reach agreement with Virgin Group in order to do this.

I was also thinking about my earlier comment in another thread regarding my concerns about Virgin attempting to focus more on the premium and business market. After giving it a bit more thought I began to realise that Virgin is sometimes thought of as a premium brand so perhaps it could work. As an example, the new Virgin Active gyms are very 'high-end' and go for a much more upmarket experience compared to a regular gym. They really offer a superior product so perhaps this is what VBA will aim for too

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.