Hi SXPWent live (real money) several weeks ago with mixed...

1. 141 Posts.

Hi SXP

Went live (real money) several weeks ago with mixed results. First trade good profit next 3 all losses but one was large because of no stop loss.

The differences in trading between shares and CFDs seem small but they have have a significant effect when in practice.

leverage is nice, if used appropriately and not over extend; also I found that the use of a stop loss is essential.

With shares you have "lee way" with CFDs no room for error and panic selling when my trade was going against me was the cause for my losses.

discipline and sticking to my trading plan are now going to be the order of the day. I have pulled back to regroup and reinforce my trading plan and stifle the emotion of short-term trading (my first trade TOX a good profit and I was in and out same day). Perhaps it would have been better to have lost on first trade to be more cautious. Another lesson learned.

I like the cocept of CFDs, now i need to become more discipline and also simplify my trading criteria (I tend to over research).

thanks jahar

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.