New Coal Power Station North Queensland, page-122

1. 14,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    So who gets the $2mill

I just looked the recipients up.

The $4 mill coal fired power generator feasibility study is for Shine Energy.
    A traditional owner operated company.

CEO, Ashley Dodd.
    Traditional Owner of Birri and Widi of the Birri ***ba Nation

From
    https://www.shineenergy.com.au/post...ion-to-revive-struggling-queensland-coal-town

A proposed $2 billion Indigenous-led coal-fired power station in Collinsville in North Queensland — developed by Brisbane-based Indigenous company Shine Energy and headed by traditional Biri man Ashley Dodd — is set to revive one of the country's oldest coal towns.

snippets................ and locals say the project is needed to help return the town to its former glory.

Local Monique Sibson has grown up in the town and said the community had changed beyond recognition.
    "We don't have a lot going on in Collinsville ... it's a bit of a sad time at the moment," she said.

It's a similar story in the neighbouring town of Bowen, where the main street — once a bustling hub of activity — is now littered with vacant shop signs.

"We lost the meat works, we lost the power station, we had a restructure in the coal mine, so we lost over 2,000 jobs in this particular area," Whitsunday Councillor Mike Brunker said.

"The general man in the street can't work out how you are simply going to shut off coal in 2030, 2040, 2050. I think coal has got a huge lifetime yet," he said.

"You just can't go and punch a coal miner in the mouth and say 'we don't want you anymore', like we felt was happening in the last election."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.