QAN 1.30% $6.09 qantas airways limited

New code???, page-10

1. 16 Posts.
    I sent E-trade a query about it as I thought there was a glitch on the site!   They sent me this letter:
    ---------------------------
    "QAN is currently undergoing a reconstruction and is temporarily trading under a new code QANDA to reflect the change.

When a company is undergoing a capital reconstruction, the company’s shares trade on a deferred settlement basis. This means that rather than the standard T+3 settlement period, any shares bought or sold while the company is undergoing the reconstruction will not settle until the reconstruction has been completed.
    During this time shares in the company will be quoted on the ASX with a “DA” suffix indicating the stock is subject to deferred settlement. For instance, company XYZ will be quoted as “XYZDA”. It is important to note that no new XYZDA stock has been created or issued to shareholders. XYZ shares are simply bought or sold as normal with a “DA” suffix to remind investors that the shares have a different settlement period.
    In practical terms, existing shareholders can sell their XYZ holdings by placing a sell order for “XYZDA”. Investors who purchase “XYZDA” are buying ordinary shares of XYZ.
    Once QAN has completed its capital reconstruction, its shares will resume ordinary T+3 settlement and trading will be done under QAN once again."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.20 $6.20 $6.09 $33.97M 5.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 88422 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 97297 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.