MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

New Covid 19 treatment, page-260

1. 14 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    I have a feeling that this 'magic red pill' for treating mild to moderate COVID may not be as magic as they would have you believe.

But I do know of a 'magic stem cell therapy' for severe COVID that has an outstanding safety profile and (saves lives for the under 65's - wow that even rhymes) when all other treatments have failed (including 'magic red pills' or expensive Monoclonals). I think it is is called Remestemcel-L (by Mesoblast) if I remember correctly.

As always please do your own research before popping a little red magic pill.

Merck confirmed that men enrolled in the molnupiravir trials had to abstain from heterosexual intercourse or agree to use contraception. Women of child-bearing age in the study could be pregnant and also had to use birth control.

It also confirmed rates of adverse events were similar for both molnupiravir and placebo patients, but did not give details.

Now it doesn't take a genius to work out they are concerned about birth defects with this class of medication. I wonder if the FDA will also have similar concerns? What a black box label NO UNPROTECTED SEX ALLOWED WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION - MAY CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS.

I wonder how long after taking this magic red pill a heterosexual has to refrain from having unprotected sex? 2 years? 10 years? Forever? What a downer (no pun intended). Well as Sorepocket pointed out the study global Phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multi-site study, I'll give them that. Just not sure everyone will want to swallow this bitter pill until more is elucidated about the potential for birth defects IMO.

I wonder if Thalidomide was a little red magic pill? Maybe they should try to manufacture a blue one instead. Hope the FDA does what it is charged to do on this one!

So we see time and time again that our cell therapy remains at the top of the pack in terms of its safety profile, as well as the ability to save 70% of lives when combined with Dexa when the disease ticks over to the severe stage and all other products have failed (and to the best of my knowledge you can have unprotected sex later if you so choose). Not a bad competitive advantage IMO.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/mercks-covid-19-pill-cuts-risk-death-hospitalization-by-50-study-2021-10-01/

Good luck holders! Our time is coming soon (no pun intended).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.