SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

new defender well!

1. 265 Posts.
    Between my work and an inlaw birthday celebration, this announcement has been bugging me on what is up. I think I have some answers.
    1. If you notice in the announcement, this is the Defender US 33 #2-29H NOT THE DEFENDER US 33 NO. 1-29H well as I thought it was. Defender #1 is in section 20 and Defender #2 is in section 29. So I dug around over on the Wyoming Commmission website and this well just showed up for a permit to drill. Once again this is a separate well than the Defender #1.

2. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that we will see the Spirit of America well show up on Wy. website about this time tomorrow. For some reason, I kept thinking this was the Stars and Stripes and that HAL was backing out of the second carried well. As Acreage and others have posted, this is NOT the second carried well. It is nothing more than an assesment well to evaluate the play (which many here have already mentioned and took me a while to get through my thick head). Once again, it is not the second carry well of HAL so that deal is still well intact.

3. ME and HAL are not wanting to drop 3-4 million on a vertical assesment well because their play is strictly Niobrara at this time whereas Terry is trying to derisk the land and prove the reserves we are sitting on. This well will not be a negative on our Niobrara play because it is separate and is Terry going with his gut feeling and growing the company that we have part ownership in. Since this is a vertical and will be used as an assesment well and their are pools of oil, it will be much cheaper in drilling costs and probably strictly vertical drill and pumpjack? Just my guess on this

4. This now means in Goshen County, we have 4 wells approved to drill and 2 permits to drill
    Defender #1
    Stars and Stripes
    Valiant
    Freedom
    Defender #2
    Spirit of America (which appears to be what we were planning our Constellation well to be that we permitted back in October)

Finally, we may have 2 targetting the Codell Formation if we agree by July 12th to team with CHK

I stand SOOOOOOO corrected. Other than a very good flow and not an excellent flow from Earl, this announcement is excellent news because we increased our drilling activity by 2 today. Great job TB! Sometimes it just takes me a while to catch up:-). I truly believe this sucker is going to explode in the next 6 weeks. Good luck all.
    STS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.