SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

New Directions

1. 1,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Doomsayers are not going to like this. As expected, a dramatic restructuring is being taking place. I have reproduced below several quotes from the article from 9 April 2016 paper.  I particularly like the last quote directly from “The Australian” (highlighted). It shows that even journalists who really started this negative campaign have begun to shift their tune. Please follow the link for more details.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...n/news-story/f9bacfd6e960196fc064b36d160c89d4

Slater & Gordon is looking at closing offices, streamlining its British operations and offloading the Accident Claims Helpline business it acquired from Quindell last year.
    A Slater & Gordon spokeswoman, who declined to detail the specific proposals, said: “Under the reorganisation plan, the majority of our sites will remain open.
    The firm is also moving to scale back work on thousands of noise-induced hearing loss cases acquired from Quindell, a large proportion of which appear to have stretched far longer than the two years considered necessary for settlement.
    Those hearing-loss cases were acquired on a conditional basis, sharing profits from settlements and resolutions with Quindell to mitigate the risk of non-performance.
    The one piece of good news for Slater & Gordon is the ending of an Australian Securities & Investments Commission review of the company’s audit and accounting practices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.