UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

New Directors to the Board, page-27

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Still undecided how I'll vote in relation to Desisto joining us.

On the one hand, he did steer PODD to revenue growth and increase share price. On the other hand, that Forbes article was pretty damning and Desisto was accused of gross mismanagement and misleading shareholders before he was 'canned'. Is it just a simple case of sour grapes or are we about to ride the same carousel again? Maybe I'm being overly cautious but like the old saying goes, when you've been bitten by a snake you're cautious even of rope.

I'm determined to find out why he left Insulet and will try and contact David Kliff, the Forbes contributor, before I cast my vote.

I also have grave concerns about how much we are going to pay this guy. Let's not forget this. In 2015, three executives received packages in excess of one million dollars. In a year when revenue was $13.2 million, the combined remuneration of the six top executives hit around 14.8 million including board fees. That my friends, is highway robbery in my opinion.

Are we headed down the same road again? Duane M. Desisto is used to being paid top dollar. He made $8.21 million in 2014 or $937 an hour, $16 a minute, and $0.26 a second. That is 21 times the president's salary and 155 times the median US household income. That's some serious coin we have to come up with in addition to paying our current remuneration packages and board fees! Even if he is the best in the business, can Unilife afford him?

Personally, I'm tired of the capital raisings, dilution, management enrichment program and nagging headaches.  

Interested in hearing your thoughts about Mr. Desisto - good, bad or ugly. Thanks in advance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.