LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

While LNG shareholders are focused on Louisiana, lets not forget...

1. 1,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    While LNG shareholders are focused on Louisiana, lets not forget what's happening north in NS.

From NS Environment website ... "This is to advise that on November 2, 2016, Bear Paw Pipeline Corporation Inc. (Bear Paw) registered an Addendum to the Bear Paw Pipeline Project Registration Document originally submitted on March 30, 2016, in accordance with Part IV of the Environment Act."

The addendum was required because back in May, the Minister of Environment released a decision which determined that the registration information was insufficient to make a decision on the project, and additional information is required in accordance with clause 13(1)a of the Environmental Assessment Regulations, pursuant to Part IV of the Environment Act.

At the time, I mentioned the additional information required was only communicated after BP filed and of minor concern.

Then barely a month later, the Governor in Council approved a licence to import natural gas from  the United States and a licence to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Bear Head LNG’s  project site on the Strait of Canso in Richmond County, Nova Scotia.

Today's update essentially addresses that additional information requirement with a 30 day period for written comment (i.e. by 2 December) so that ... "on  or before December 22, 2016, the Minister of Environment will decide if the project can be granted conditional environmental assessment approval." And to my knowledge, that really is the last approval required.

Today's revised addendum states "Detailed engineering/construction is anticipated to commence as early as Q1 2018 pending approvals/permits with an operational date of Q4 2019."

What's significant about that last statement is that the former date has understandably been pushed back a year but that operational date remains unchanged.

Looks to me like we can bag our first Christmas present ...

Wonder how those discussions with TransCanada are progressing?

http://www.novascotia.ca/nse/ea/bear-paw-pipeline/Registration_Notice.pdf

Go BH!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.