PLATINUM 0.72% $840.00 platinum futures

I just found this!Another Platinum ETF to be launched! Starting...

1. 350 Posts.
    I just found this!

Another Platinum ETF to be launched! Starting Feb 15 - I wonder how this will effect the Platinum price? I wonder how much extra they'll be drawing out of the market?
    http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page34?oid=96516&sn=Detail&pid=1

Gold, platinum ETFs to be launched on Japan's Osaka Exchange
    Japan's Osaka Exchange is to list an ETF tracking gold futures contracts and an ETF tracking platinum futures contracts, both listed on TOCOM - The Tokyo Commodities Exchange

Posted: Tuesday , 26 Jan 2010

TOKYO (Reuters) -

The Osaka Securities Exchange will list Japan's first exchange-traded funds tracking domestic commodities markets next month, the Tokyo Commodity Exchange said on Tuesday.

TOCOM said the move is expected to help bolster activity in domestic commodities markets by providing new investment opportunities in commodities futures.

The OSE will on Feb. 15 list an ETF tracking gold futures contracts and an ETF tracking platinum futures contracts, both listed on TOCOM, Japan's largest commodity exchange said.

The gold ETF will be launched and managed by Mizuho Asset Management Co, while the platinum ETF will be launched and managed by Nomura Asset Management Co, TOCOM said.

TOCOM, which lists gold, platinum, rubber and other industrial commodity futures, has been struggling to broaden its investor base and boost its sagging trading volume.

The latest move follows an announcement earlier this month by ITC Investment Partners Corp, saying it would launch Japan's first fund linked to TOCOM listed products, also in February.

ITC Investment Partners Corp, a unit of Japanese trading firm Itochu (8001.T: Quote), will structure and manage the fund investing in TOCOM gold futures together with Astmax Co Ltd, Japan's top commodities trading adviser.

TOCOM President and CEO Tadashi Ezaki told Reuters earlier this month that the exchange was in talks with major brokerage firms about their plans to offer funds linked to its listed products.

(Reporting by Chikako Mogi; Editing by Joseph Radford)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLATINUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.