new fed welfare policies bite hard, page-12

1. 122 Posts.
    Mistyrains,

Sorry the delay in my reply, I always have the family over Saturday.

In theory we can only hope for your proposal.

I hope that you and your family have immediate concerns met and acted upon during this campaign. Of course this is reliant on your capacity to be vocal and lobby government forcefully and in number. Our profoundly disabled lack that number, they are a minority of many background and culture, they have only voice through carer and service provider. Carers, full time, need to manage most basic needs and interact on their behalf in all avenue of their daily lives and this is truly full time work. Toilet and shower can often be quite a task to manage as carer. I love my job as carer for my son, I don't want anyone to feel that I should be pitied or depressed, but not all our profoundly disabled have a voice that can be heard above all those serious matters concerning day to day Oz.... they are totally dependant on society to petition on their behalf. No-one would publicly speak in negative terms about this community, so there is this presumption that their affairs are being managed, they are not.

This must be a social issue, one requiring a loud voice by community that no overworked politician could possibly ignore. I can only ask that at this election that thoughtful Australian consider the opportunity to speak on behalf of those few who are non verbal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.