AKI 0.00% 56.0¢ african iron limited

new fosters research report, page-4

1. 25,108 Posts.
    banksy,

I was under the impression that they were going to use Pointe Noire, and hopefully split costs with Xstrata and some of the others.

I wonder if they would still be able to do this in the initial stages (pre infrastructure development) considering Xstrata and others are not as well progressed as AKI???

The way I see it, it should only be roughly a 2k spur from the mine site with possible duplication for inbound and outbound - and a ~30km spur to AKI's Port concession at Pointe Indienne.

Looking at the photos in the Fosters report, it's a greenfield site with no infrastructure. I wonder how this would be financed??? Hopefully not directly ... and hopefully with other potential users, JV partners, Off-Take Agreements, and the Railway Corporation ... or maybe some PPP with the ROC.

I read a report that the sea conditions are pretty benign, however it still needs inter-modal infrastructure, harbour formation (which would include dredging), some sort of major sea wall and a wharf facility.

Here's some pics I found on the net.

The first pic shows a pic of a CFCO train in use, so the existing rail lines look like they can handle pretty heavy loads; and the other is the CEO of CFCO who own the existing railway and who we are going to have a HoA with shortly:-

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.